Finding quality products and reliable suppliers is one of the most difficult parts of running a dropshipping business. It can be difficult to know who to trust and what your options are.
Thankfully, there are ways around this.
By carefully analysing each dropshipping business available, you can start to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages to using them to support your online business.
In this article, we’ve taken a close look at some of the best dropshipping companies and wholesale listing directories that eCommerce businesses can use to dropship products and continue to turn a profit.
Not sure if dropshipping is the right fit for you? Check out our article on how to start a dropshipping business in 2019 and find out exactly what the process entails.
1. Dropshipping company: Oberlo
Established in 2015, Oberlo has already sold over 85 million products across the world to date. It works exclusively through the Shopify platform.
The process for dropshipping via Oberlo is fairly straightforward:
- Browse the site for products and then add them to your online store
- Make a sale
- Place an order with the supplier for the product you just sold
- Supplier ships the product directly from their warehouse to your customer
There is little risk in using Oberlo and you don’t need to stock and store inventory – you simply add products to your digital store and then sell them. Oberlo connects you with suppliers all over the world and has thousands of items you can add to your store easily.
Oberlo also offers product statistics to help you make decisions when searching for products to sell, such as the potential success of a product before you start selling – meaning less mistakes are made.
Another benefit to using Oberlo is its “Verified Supplier” vetting process.
This is a status that enables online sellers to find the top-performers on Oberlo and these suppliers have been providing the highest quality service for users over a sustained period.
There are numerous other benefits to using Oberlo. These include:
- Product page customisations (easily change your titles, descriptions or images)
- Pricing automations (create pricing rules and price products in bulk)
- Order tracking
- Multiple user accounts
- Sales tracking with a sales and costs dashboard
- Filter products with ePacket filter (items with fastest delivery times)
Pricing for Oberlo starts low. There is a free package whereby an online seller can offer 500 products per month and take up to 50 orders per month.
Alternatively, for $29.90 per month, a seller can access 10,000 products and take 500 orders. For $79.90 this increases to 30,000 products and unlimited orders.
2. Dropshipping company: Wholesale2B
With over one and a half million products ready for dropshipping in more than 120 product categories, Wholesale2B is a sizeable dropshipping company. What’s more, online sellers can start selling straight away with a free account.
Wholesale2B offers online sellers:
- Supplier integration
- Inventory automation
- Order automation
- Website integration
- Marketplace imports
The process to start selling via Wholesale2B is simple:
- Sellers are required to set up a free account
- Browse the listed dropship categories and review products
- Choose the products you want to deal
- Activate the Dropship plan of your choice to start selling
With Wholesale2B, you can easily dropship from a variety of shopping cart platforms and online marketplaces. These include:
- eBay (certified eBay listing tool to dropship on the marketplace) $24.99 per month
- Amazon (fully automated Amazon listing tool) for $37.99 per month
- Your own website (they build it for you) for $39.99 per month
- Use of a dropship data feed to download descriptions and product images in CSV files for Magento, OpenCart, Google and Bonanza for $24.99 per month
- Shopify app to dropship in your Shopify store for $29.99 per month
- BigCommerce app to dropship in your BigCommerce store for $29.99 per month
- ECWID dropship app for $29.99 per month
- WooCommerce – install Woo App to import dropship products for $29.99 per month
- Weebly app – install into WooCommerce store for $29.99 per month
3. Dropshipping company: Doba
The dropshipping company Doba offers hundreds of suppliers across the world and millions of products in a single, streamlined catalogue. This means you can list and sell products without ever having to buy inventory upfront or pack and ship orders by yourself.
The process for selling products via Doba is straightforward:
- Find the products in the Doba marketplace that you wish to sell – you can also organise them in custom lists so that you can export them to your eCommerce platform easily
- Export those product listings to your online store – you can add hundreds of products to any of the 100+ selling platforms within minutes
- Sell to your customer first, then buy the product from Doba – sell at the retail price and buy at the wholesale price so that you make the largest profit possible
- Supplier ships the product directly to your customer – when placing an order, enter the customer’s shipping address and pay the wholesale price and your work is done
- Sell again and profit again – the time and money that you save in warehouse and fulfilment costs can be spent finding new products to sell
What’s more, each supplier in the Doba marketplace has to meet rigorous technical and performance standards. Doba has a supplier scorecard where you can see a supplier’s fulfilment rates, average processing time, ship times, cost and more.
Doba is compatible with all major shopping cart providers, including Shopify, BigCommerce, Volusion, Magento, eBay, Amazon and more.
And that’s not all.
You can test the waters to see if Doba is for you with a 14-day free trial.
Payment plans include the Basic Plan at $29.00 per month, the Advanced Plan at $69.00 per month and the Pro Plan starts at $249.00 per month.
4. Dropshipping company: Inventory Source
Inventory Source enables you to integrate a supplier’s inventory to upload product data automatically and sync inventory quantities with 25+ major online store platforms, marketplaces and multi-channel platforms.
Some of these platforms include:
Inventory Source has a dropship supplier network of more than one hundred and eighty suppliers, over nine million products and more than 20,000 different product brands available.
Inventory Source works as a dropship automation software and integrated supplier network by offering integration with almost all major eCommerce platforms.
Hence, online sellers can integrate the supplier’s inventory to their own store and automatically upload product data, sync inventory quantities and routes orders with the dropshipping suppliers to their own online selling platform.
Pricing options include the following:
- Directory Account: $0.00 per month – view all dropship suppliers, preview product feeds, access supplier contact information and so on, all for free.
- Inventory Automation: $50.00 per month – 180+ pre-integrated suppliers, add custom integrations, auto-upload product data.
- Full Automation: $150.00 per month.
5. Dropshipping company: Dropship Direct
Formed in 2006, Dropship Direct consists of more than 100,000 unique dropship products, represents more than 1,100 brands and has over 57,000 online merchants represented in 46 countries.
Product categories available include home décor, pet care, food, health supplements, beauty, sporting goods, outdoor, gifts, automotive accessories, apparel and electronics.
Dropship Direct’s process to sell online is fairly straightforward:
- Sign up – there are no account fees, no dropship fees, no minimum orders and you’ll receive many Quick Report inventory files for free
- Browse products to find those that you want to sell online
- Download inventory – using WholesaleFiles* technology, export any combination of wholesale product records from Dropship Direct, choose from storefront (OpenCart, PrestaShop, BigCommerce, Shopify or Magento) or marketplace (e.g. Amazon or eBay) compatible inventory files or create your own Custom Campaign to build your own personalised product feed
- Advertise and sell online – advertise your products online on shopping cart platforms, social media networks or via marketplaces
- Place orders – once an item sells, place your wholesale order with Dropship Direct
- Dropship Direct ships the order within 3-5 business days (around 26,000 products are shipped within 1-2 business days) and tracking is provided straight away
- Profit and sell more products all over again
*For reference, WholesaleFiles is Dropship Direct’s Inventory Data Management Service that gives online retailers much needed product data within easy and clean file formats.
What’s more, Dropship Direct do not charge anything to use their website and there are no membership or account fees to keep in mind, but they do offer a premium WholesaleFiles service for $37.00 per month.
6. Dropshipping company: Sunrise Wholesale
Sunrise Wholesale offers more than 15,000 products and is a wholesaler that provides online sellers with products for their own dropshipping business. It is a listed company with Better Business Bureau and is based in America.
The company has items available in a large list of product categories, including:
- Wholesale electronics
- Home décor
- Bulk buys
Much like the other dropshipping companies, the process with Sunrise Wholesale is just as simple and ships your products directly to your customers – putting your business name on the packing slip so that the customer will never know about the middle man.
What’s more, there are no minimum order quantities, making it ideal for new sellers. Most orders are shipped the same day and usually received within 5-7 days from the day an order is placed.
There’s even a 7-day free trial that you can make use of to decide whether or not Sunrise Wholesale is the dropshipping company for you.
Pricing plans are also straightforward – either $49 per month or $199 per year.
Paid membership includes the following:
- Gold member pricing (lowest prices available)
- eBay and Amazon listing and research tools
- Store integration with Shopify and BigCommerce
- Cash back rewards programme and promotions
- Custom inventory files in CSV and XML format
- Live help via phone, email and online chat
7. Dropshipping company: Worldwide Brands
Worldwide Brands is another dropshipping company that offers more than 16 million wholesale products. The business covers pretty much every product category that you can think of, including the following:
- Pet supplies
- Toys, games & hobbies
- Jewellery & watches
- Home & garden
- Clothing, shoes & accessories
- Baby & maternity
- Sporting goods
- Food & drinks
- Special occasions & party goods
- Health & Beauty
- Books, movies & media
- Crafts & supplies
- Business & industrial
- Supplements & nutrition
- Music & instruments
- Tools, vehicle parts & accessories
The Worldwide Brand is about maximising profit for online sellers, and the business has a guarantee of no middlemen and no fake suppliers, so there is little risk in using the website to find and sell products, even for those new to the game.
New products are added on a weekly basis and there are a variety of product niches offered by wholesalers that big retail chains don’t sell due to lack of shelf space – meaning great niche markets for new online sellers to take advantage of.
What’s more, every supplier is taken through a very strict qualification process before Worldwide Brands will even consider listing them in their directory.
This process is not paid for, suppliers must qualify for it so that online resellers never have to worry about putting their customers at risk, through a fake dropshipper for example.
And that’s not all.
You can sign up for free for a “free preview” whereby you’ll receive a special link to the directory and free subscription to their weekly newsletter, in which you’ll discover:
- Upcoming tradeshows
- Read educational online selling articles
- Scam-free recommendations
Online sellers can enrol yourself with their service for a lifetime with a payment of $299.00 and no recurring monthly or annual fees.
Alternatively, for new sellers on a budget, there is an Easy Pay Plan in which you’ll pay just $99.00 at the beginning and then two monthly instalments of $110.00.
8. Dropshipping company: National Dropshippers
Established in 2005, National Dropshippers is on a mission to provide its members with the widest variety of products at the lowest cost possible, with fast and reliable service.
In fact, the dropshipping business has thousands of different products available for dropshipping from several manufacturers and distributors.
National Dropshippers offers products in the following product categories:
- Mobile phones
- Kitchen accessories
- Knives & multi-tools
- Pet supplies
The process to use the website is again fairly simple:
- Once a wholesale order is placed, the suppliers ship the order to your customers
- This is done with no mention of the supplier or dropshipper
- Once the order is ready for shipment, service members receive tracking information in their Order Manager, and this is shared with the customer
Pricing plans vary based on the length of your membership. For example:
- Monthly wholesale membership is $19.99 per month
- Quarterly wholesale membership is $44.97 per three months
- Semi-Annual wholesale membership is $59.94 per six months
- Annual wholesale membership is $89.88 per year
- Lifetime wholesale membership is $199 one-time only, with no recurring fees
9. Dropshipping company: MegaGoods
If you’re seeking to sell consumer electronics and video game items, then Megagoods may be your ideal dropshipping partner. They have a specific focus on dropshipping and fulfilment services.
However, keep in mind that the company does charge a dropshipping fee of $1.50 per order. This payment is acceptable through all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover, as well as money orders and cashier’s cheques.
Other fees to keep in mind are restocking fees for unwanted returns or refused delivery.
Similar to all other dropshipping companies on this list, Megagoods ships directly to the customer in the name of your company so that you customers are none the wiser as to where the order came from.
What’s more, there are no minimum purchase requirements and Megagoods offers a 30-day free trial, with a monthly fee of $14.99 per month after this.
10. Dropshipping company: Salehoo
Another dropshipping company that may have exactly what you need is Salehoo.
Salehoo has more than eight thousand local and global suppliers and over two and a half million products to sell online in dozens of product categories, including:
- Antiques and collectables
- Fashion and shoes
- Books and magazines
- Toys and games
Salehoo is an easy-to-use tool that helps online sellers find profitable products from certified and low-cost suppliers.
The process is simple:
- Find ideas for profitable and in demand products by using their market research labs
- Use the Salehoo directory to find trustworthy and low-cost suppliers who stock your selected product
- Contact suppliers to get your new product at the lowest price and resell at a profit
Another advantage to using Salehoo is that you can source suppliers of branded products (e.g. Adidas, Disney, Lego and Sony) at real wholesale prices.
There’s also an advanced search filter function that enables you to narrow down your search for suppliers by country, international shipping options, low or no minimum orders, product category and more – all to help you keep your costs to a minimum.
What’s more, there are no minimum order quantities and 70% of Salehoo’s suppliers do not require an application fee.
You can test out Salehoo to see if it’s ideal for your circumstances through use of a 60-day money back guarantee. Otherwise, pricing is $67.00 for 1-year full access and there are no monthly subscription fees, only annual.
11. Dropshipping company: AliExpress
AliExpress enables Chinese stores to sell goods by manufacturers to customers across the world. In a sense, it is similar to Amazon, except all products have the lowest wholesale prices and packages can take 2-3 weeks to be delivered to you.
Again, finding products on AliExpress is a bit like searching on Amazon – you don’t receive much information on the items that are popular or in demand and nothing to tell you if certain products will be good for your niche – you’ll need to do this work independently.
AliExpress is free to use. There are no upfront costs or monthly fees to join, unlike many other dropshipping companies on this list.
Another beneficial factor to AliExpress is that you can use credit cards or AliPay to ensure safe transactions and its rating and reviews system can give you a good indication about the supplier, so that you can make more informed choices.
The biggest advantage to using AliExpress is that online sellers are able to use the Oberlo integration with Shopify stores. This automates your sales process, which then reduces the need to manually submit orders to your suppliers.
On the other hand, shipping of your items may take at least two weeks (if not longer) to get to the United Kingdom or United States and this may even extend to a month or lore in other places around the world.
Unfortunately, the quality of suppliers on AliExpress can be a bit of a mixed bag, despite there being verification checks that you can perform, and you don’t deal directly with a manufacturer, just the third-party resellers.
To get started with AliExpress, you simply sign up for free and start buying and selling.
12. Dropshipping company: The Wholesaler
While The Wholesaler isn’t strictly a dropshipping company, rather a listing board for wholesale companies, it is one of the largest UK-based wholesale directories and is free for anyone who wants to find dropshipping wholesalers within the United Kingdom.
To make it perfectly clear, you won’t be buying any products from this listing directory.
Instead, you’ll receive information about different dropshipping companies and then be directed to those companies’ websites to see their stock and contact information.
It is possibly the largest database of UK-based suppliers and all of the companies listed are UK-based and some companies may even provide a wholesale of licensed products from big brands, such as Disney.
However, it is not particularly easy to communicate with suppliers through the website and their customer support leaves more to be desired, unfortunately.
13. Dropshipping company: eSources
As one of the largest directories for United Kingdom wholesale distributors and suppliers, eSources has more than 350,000 domestic wholesale listings and more than 170,000 drop shippers available on site.
eSources aims to fulfil the growing need for reliable and readily available information on legitimate UK and international wholesalers, distributors, dropshippers, importers, exporters, manufacturers and agents, as well as their products and offers.
What’s more, eSources is completely safe to use.
Through use of a Trade Pass company verification system. If a company has the TradePass logo next to their name, the company has been authenticated and verified by eSources. You can guarantee that the owners/employees of the company are who they say they are.
In order to access the company listings, you’ll need to sign up and create an account through the website. Account pricing is free if you are only buying products.
However, if you want to be able to contact companies directly and gain access to eSources’ database, then it will set you back £20 per month, or £50 for six months and £75 for 12 months.
Dropship your products and turn a profit
Now that you have several different dropshipping companies to choose from and buy products to resell, you can start your dropshipping business and profit straight away.
Whether you’re starting a standalone venture or dropshipping as a side project on top of your usual working hours, the process is a fairly simple way to make money easily.
Interested in growing your business even further? Check out our guide on 50 ways to grow your online business, along with some best practices and tricks of the trade.